I am excited to be announcing the next quilt along today! It’s the Bad Girl quilt! I’m breaking this one up into 8 weeks, so you can do this slowly! I love quilt alongs for their community, but it also helps me stay on track and get things done. I’ve got some great sponsors for this one and I cannot wait to tell you more. Let’s get this going!
Custom Quilt Labels
The quilt along starts on May 17, 2019. That’s exactly one month from today!
The quilt along will take place right here at the Quilt Making blog.
What you need to do:
You can RSVP to the quilt along here. RSVPing will sign you up to a newsletter where you will receive an email each week during the quilt along and get reminders and nudges before the quilt along begins (you can also opt out if life gets in the way).
Make sure you are following me on Instagram here as that is where all giveaways will happen.
Who can join:
YOU can! Yes, you. No matter who you are, where you’re from, what you do, or what you think, YOU are welcome here just as you are.
Are there prizes?
Yes! Every week I’ll will be giving away one awesome prize to one lucky winner that posts a picture of their progress on Instagram. Here is a quick look at the prizes (photos of them coming soon):
- Week 1 – Prize is from Yellow Rose Jenny – Fabric bundle
- Week 2 – Prize is from Southern Charm Quilts (me) – Set of 9 quilt labels (a value of $35)
- Week 3 – Prize is from Coats + Clark – 12-piece spool assortment box of Quilt+ threads
- Week 4 – Prize is from Havel’s Sewing – A surprise gift
- Week 5 – Prize is from Crimson Confection – Bundle of low volume fabrics
- Week 6 – Prize is from Coats + Clark – 32-piece Dual Duty XP thread in a wooden box
- Week 7 – Prize is from Havel’s Sewing – A surprise gift
- Week 8 – Prize is from Meander + Make – $35 gift certificate
Prizes will be given away and announced only on Instagram. To enter you need only post photos of progress for your Bad Girl quilt using the #BadGirlQA. The more times you use the hashtag the better your chances. To be eligible for prizes you must have a “public” account. If you have a private account, consider turning it to public for the length of the quilt along or just create an account with only your quilting and sewing and make that public. I will be choosing a winner the same day of each post (Fridays). To claim your prize, you can DM me your info. Prizes are open internationally. To be eligible for the first week’s prize, take a pic of the fabrics you plan on using or repost any of the pictures within this article. Don’t forget to use the hashtag when you do.
It’s okay if you are not finished with the step of the week. Just your progress is enough. You don’t have to have each step completed to be eligible for the giveaways. You could be eligible just by posting a photo of the fabrics you are using. I don’t like the idea of stressing you out, so please don’t feel that way. You can absolutely still be working on the first week’s work and win the prize in the third week. So take it easy, go at your own pace, and post!
In the quilt along we will be making the large throw size Bad Girl quilt. It features 30 blocks, 15 stars and 15 of the Dresden blocks. It measures 60×72″. Feel free to make whatever size of the quilt you want to make, but the schedule is specifically made for the large throw size, so change things up as you’d like.
I’m working on getting some fabric bundle kits ready for this quilt at Meander + Make. I should have these in about two weeks and will make an announcement as soon as they are available. So if you’d like to wait and see what they look like, great! If you can’t wait and know exactly what fabrics you want to use. post a picture because I want to see what you are choosing too!
Get a personalized Bad Girl quilt along label for your quilt.
- Bad Girl Quilt Pattern
- Email Sign Up
- Personalized quilt label especially for this quilt along
- All of my previous Bad Girl quilts
- Other Bad Girl quilts out in the world
- Fabrics I’m using (coming soon)
- All other posts concerning this quilt along
- All newsletters concerning this quilt along (coming soon)