This post is a part of the I am Enough quilt along that starts September 28, 2018 and ends February 1, 2019.
If this is the first time you are learning about this quilt along then please read this post to find out the intentions behind the quilt along and more details.
To view all the posts concerning this quilt along, click here.
To view the email archives of this quilt along, click here.
Don’t forget to post your progress on Instagram using the #IamEnoughquiltalong.
You are Enough
Our intentions this week are to know our flaws and strengths. We are going to say our strengths out loud or even put it out there for the world to see.
This Week’s Lesson
Our lesson this week is all about gradation of color or ombre, moving from light to dark with whatever colors you choose. I think this makes for a really cool looking piece of patchwork. I’m quite smitten with my own work on this and I hope you will feel the same way about yours. There’s no rules, just do what pleases you.
The Carolina Mingle Quilt
Our pattern this week is French Braid. Remember that it doesn’t matter which colors you use or even how many. Play and enjoy fiddling about in your fabric baskets.
Fabrics I used
- Random bits of low volume, mostly AGF
- A variety of the Botany collection by Kelly Ventura
- A few bits of C+S
This ruler is not required for French Braid and can be made without it by using the lines and ruler on your rotary mat. However, it is made much easier with this ruler. I use this ruler for almost all my fabric cutting, so it’s not something that you’d end up only using once.
I am Enough Quilt Along Schedule
- Pattern 1 – September 28 – YOUR Color Wheel
- Pattern 2 – October 12 – French Braid
- Pattern 3 – October 26 – Maker’s Hand, I am Enough + Monogram
- Pattern 4 – November 9 – Hourglasses
- Pattern 5 – November 23 – Trip Around the World
- Pattern 6 – December 7 – Scallop Border
- Pattern 7 – December 21 – Courthouse Steps
- Pattern 8 – January 4 – New York Beauties
- Pattern 9 – January 18 – Half Rectangle Triangles + Half Square Triangles
- Pattern 10 – February 1 – Finished Quilt Top
Get a personalized I am Enough quilt along label for your quilt.
- Introduction PDF
- French Braid pattern
- French Braid video tutorial
- Sign up for the I am Enough newsletter
- Personalized I am Enough quilt label